Mechanical and hydraulic parts
Powder metallurgy is used as preferred technology to manufacture a large number of structural components, either mechanical or hydraulic. There are a great diversity of materials (iron based), shapes, finishings, treatments and coatings, which make it possible to reach components of high dimensional precision and strong performance.
Material for such components is typically steel. AMES provides a wide range of sintered steel grades, from Fe-C, to high-alloy steels with Cu, Ni, Mo, Cr or Mn. The achievable properties by combining material and process are, indicatively: yield strength > 120.000 psi, tensile strength > 180.000 psi, apparent hardness up to 55 HRC, and bending fatigue limit > 450 MPa. These properties are comparable to wrought structural steels or to alloyed cast iron.
Some of the applications of powdered metal structural components are:
- Vehicle engines: Gears, sprockets, pulleys, forks, sensors.
- Transmissions: Levers, forks, fingers, gears, plates, stators and rotors for CVT systems, synchronizing hubs.
- VVT: Rotors, stators, housings, pulleys, couplings and spacers.
- Brakes: Rotors, plates, couplings and shoes of servo brake pump, racks, regulation gears, ABS sensors, or hubs.
- Transfer case: Pulleys, sprockets, carriers, hubs, cams, plates and G-rotors of the oil pumps.
- Timing: Cams, pulleys, spacers, regulation forks, rocker arms, sensor rings.
- Steering: Rotors, rings and plates of the power steering pump, rack guides, couplings, gears or racks for blocking and adjustment of steering wheel.
- Oil pumps: G-rotors, gears, rings, rotors and housings.
- Fuel pumps: Rotors, plates, housings, G-rotors, counterweights.
- Comfort and safety: Several components for the seat regulation, air conditioning, safety locks, doors, mirrors, cameras, safety belts, airbags, fans, etc.
- Shock absorbers:Valves, pistons, guides and spacers.
- Refrigerator compressors: Counterweights, plates, pistons and rods.
- Industrial pumps: Diverse hydraulic parts ad gears.
- Components for other industries: Awnings, shutters, doors, windows, sundry appliances, taps, lawn mowers, locksmiths, maintenance items, industrial machinery, agricultural machinery, medicine, trains, firearms and their components, etc.
We may recommend the most appropiate material and design to meet your needs. Contact