A self-lubricating sintered bushing is a metallic component with high porosity (20-25% in volume), impregnated with a lubricant oil. The oil contained in the porosity provides a constant lubrication between bearing and shaft, so the system does not need any additional external lubricant. Self-lubrication allows this type of sliding bushing to work under hydrodynamic conditions, resulting in a very low friction coefficient.
Self-lubricating sintered bushings have some advantages compared to other types of dry sliding bushings:
- Reliability. The constant oil presence eliminates the risk of seizure, and allows the bearing to work during thousands of hours without wear.
- Economy. Maintenance-free, no need for lubricants.
- Performance. Able to work under loads of up to 1,450 psi, and speeds up to 0.2 in/s. The maximum working PV is is the range of 30 psi·in/s, but it can be surpassed in special cases. The dimensional precision is very high (up to IT 5 in diameter), and produce extremely low noise.
AMES manufactures three ranges of self-lubricating bushings, as follows:
1. Selfoil® standard bushings. Bushings made in standard dimensions, with spherical or cylindrical shapes, with or without flange. Selfoil® is the best solution for retail, and is available off the shelf.
2. Selfoil® Rods for machining. These bushings are solid or hollow cylinders, to be machined to final dimensions when the system is not ready for standard Selfoil® bushings.
3. Bushings by design. Customized bushings for medium- to high production volumes, specifically designed for a given equipment. Most of AMES bearing production corresponds to this range of OEM bushings.
The main applications for self-lubricating sintered bushings are as follows:
1. Automotive electrical or mechanical equipment:
- Active driving elements: Brakes, steering, transmission, shock absorbers, …
- Cooling: Radiator, fans, cooling systems, ….
- EGR systems.
- Fuel pumps.
- Comfort and Security: Wipers, window regulation, mirrors, seats, sunroofs, …
2. Universal or customized electric motors and gearboxes of medium-low power.
3. Linear and rotary actuators, pneumatic, hydraulic and electromagnetic.
4. Household appliances: Washing machines, fans, extractor fans, shaving machines, depilators, juicers, rostisserie, air conditioning, handtools, coffee machines, wishking machines, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, boilers, etc.
5. Home appliances: Locks, garage doors, awnings, roller shutters, sliding windows, office swivel chairs, trolley rolling wheels, hinges, furnitures, gardening, etc.
6. Industrial: Bottling machinery, carpenter machinery, assembly machinery in general, automation, key duplicating machines, sewing machines, industrial vehicles, electrical switchgears, mobility, medical, catering, farm machinery, toys, etc.
We may recommend the most appropiate material and design to meet your needs. Contact